Spring Competitive Developmental Season - Girls
We offer a "First Stick" program & field four girls teams
With an increase in players starting at a very young age, we have a "First Stick" program for those not yet in 1st Grade and/ or very young and trying it for the first time. The First Stick program will focus on the basics and learning essential skills through weekly clinics. There will be no formal games, though we may plan some scrimmages and play dates as their skill development and schedules allow. The focus will be on players developing a love for the game and to prepare them for the maturity and skills required for competitive play.
2020 First Stick practices will be on Thursdays at 5:30-6:30 @ NE district Park. (5408 Big Woods Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514). Michael Garbarino will be coaching.
If you are unsure if your child should register for the First Stick program or Cardinals 8U team, email coach Brent and he can provide further direction.
FOUR GIRLS TEAMS
- Girls 8U (1st-2nd grade)
- Girls 10U (3rd-4th grade)
- Girls 12U (5th-6th grade)
- Girls 14U (7th-8th grade)
Girls teams participate in the North Carolina Girls Lacrosse League.
The season will start with a February 23rd Clinic. Time and location is being determend.
Your fist practice is February 27, 2020. Practices will be will be held twice per week, Tuesday and Thursday, 6-7:30pm. We understand there may be conflicts with other sports at the start of the season.
Subject to change on occasion as needs require
- Games are held on Saturdays beginning in mid March and running through early May (exact dates TBD by league).
- Games are held in various locations around the Triangle in a “playday” format where each team plays 2 games.
- As soon as the schedule is announced it will be on the website as well as through the TeamSnap app. Both will be updated as changes occur.
- The girls teams will also participate in two end-of-season tournaments. (Cost included in registration fees)
New players get a $25 discount off these rates:
- Girls First Stick - $100
- Girls 8U - $125
- Girls 10U- $220
- Girls 12U - $250
- Girls 14U - $250
- Each player must provide their own lacrosse stick, goggles and a colored mouth guard, which are available at area sporting goods stores.
- For some great starter packages online, CLICK HERE
- Reach out to coaches if you have questions regarding equipment to purchase.
- Uniforms consisting of reversible racerback jerseys with kilts are provided by NCYL and to be returned at the end of the season.
NOTE: Full or partial scholarships available on a need basis, so all who want to play can.