Spring Competitive Developmental Season - Boys
2020 Boys Spring Registration
After an exciting dose of Fall Ball it's time to sign up for Spring Ball. While it may seem early, it’s not. Early registration allows us to get a rough idea of just how many players we need to plan for, set schedules, order field equipment and pre-pay (something new) for field use.
We offer a "First Stick" program & four boys teams
With an increase in players starting at a very young age, we have a "First Stick" program for those not yet in 1st Grade and/ or very young and trying it for the first time. The First Stick program will focus on the basics and learning essential skills through weekly clinics. There will be no formal games, though we may plan some scrimmages and play dates as their skill development and schedules allow. The focus will be on players developing a love for the game and to prepare them for the maturity and skills required for competitive play.
2020 First Stick practices will be on Thursdays at 5:30-6:30 @ NE district Park. (5408 Big Woods Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27514). Michael Garbarino will be coaching.
If you are unsure if your child should register for the First Stick program or Cardinals 8U team, email coach Ditter and he can provide further direction.
FOUR BOYS TEAMS
- Boys 8U (1st-2nd grade)
- Boys 10U (3rd-4th grade)
- Boys 12U (5th-6th grade)
- Boys 14U (7th-8th grade)
The Boys 14U team plays against area rec teams and also participates in the Triangle Youth Lacrosse Conference
- 8U - Mon & Wed 5:30-7:00 / 6:00-7:30 (after daylight savings times)
- 10U - Tues & Thur 5:30-7:00 / 6:00-7:30 (after daylight savings times)
- 12U - Tues & Thur 5:30-7:00 / 6:00-7:30 (after daylight savings times)
- 14U - Mon & Wed 5:30-7:00 / 6:00-7:30 (after daylight savings times)
- Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 (8U & 14U) @ 5:30
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 (10U & 12U) @ 5:30
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 (First Stick) @ 5:30
- The few renting equipment should plan to arrive at 5:15
Subject to change on occasion as needs require
- Games begin February 29, 2020 and run week to week with the final game on May 9, 2020 at locations around the Triangle.
- Most games are Saturday mornings, with a few Sunday games.
- The 14U team will also have Monday and Wednesday games.
- As soon as the schedule is finalized it will be on the website as well as through the TeamSnap app. You can expect your coach to provide you greater detail via TeamSnap.
Registration Fees - New players get a $25 discount off these rates:
- Boys First Stick - $100
- Boys 8U - $125
- Boys 10U - $220
- Boys 12U - $245
- Boys 14U - $270
- Uniforms consisting of a reversible jersey and shorts are provided by NCYL and to be returned at the end of the season. (*No uniforms for First Stick)
- All players will be provided a "shooter shirt" that they will keep!
- Boys will need their own sticks, cups and colored mouthguards, which can easily be found at area sporting goods stores.
- For new players, helmets can be rented from NCYL for $35 for the season and protective gear (shoulder pads, elbow pads & gloves) can also be rented for $35 for the season.
After their first season, players should purchase their own helmet and pads. For some great prices on Starter Packages CLICK HERE
NOTE: Full or partial scholarships available on a needs basis, so all who want to play can.